Thursday 8 August 2013

Restless

There are times when I wonder
what it is about this life
that makes me go on living

It’s not with joy that I greet each new day
It’s not with hope that I watch the sun rise
I feel as though I’ve lost my way

The dreams that once lit up my eyes
do not excite me anymore
There’s no fun in the challenges 
that pushed me and made my spirits soar

Though it seems I’ve achieved
some of what I set out to do
travelled part of the way
on my destined path
why do I still feel restless?

Why does it feel that something
still eludes my grasp
Like quicksilver it slips from my hand
Like a mirage it disappears
just as I feel it is within reach

No matter what I do
all that remains
is an emptiness within
that refuses to be filled
No matter how much I hurry
or how fast I go
I feel I don’t really know
how to find happiness anymore



© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment