Wednesday 1 January 2014

Pain in the ***

It's again that time of the year
The time that I usually most fear

The most dreaded word looms 
I will choke in its toxic fumes 

Writing it in curly letters 
Doesn't make it look any better

I make many every time
They're not worth a dime 

I start out on the right note
Then lose track of what I wrote

Lofty ideas about working out
Pretty soon come to nought 

Not to be taken for granted
Never happens the way I want it

I plan to spend less and save more
That's a pipe dream for sure 

If not love, I should strive for peace
But life is often such a tease

I don't know when I'll learn
It's no use making resolutions

Perhaps I should have just one
And that is simply to have none

© 2014 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Your poems are amazing!...i really liked this one, and words.......you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avani... you're awesome too...

      Delete