Wednesday 29 January 2014

Needed, Some TLC

The sapling 
of friendship 
we planted 
watered with trust 
pruned with attention 
fertilised with affection 
grew tall and strong 
a sturdy tree 
enriching our lives 
with its gentle shade 
its oxygen 
keeping our bond alive 

But now 
the leaves are fading 
the bark is peeling 
the trunk is hollow 
the roots withered 

No longer 
nourished 
by love's sunshine 
it will die 
So help me, my friend 
Replenish the soil 
with love 
and rejoice 
as it flourishes 
once more 

© 2014 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Love your work.

    Guy Humeniuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this before. It is truly one of my favorites of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this before. It is truly one of my favorites of yours.

    ReplyDelete