Saturday 3 August 2013

Love's Demise

What shall I do
with this love of mine
unwanted
unnoticed by you
it overruns
my wild heart
Like a weed
left to grow unheeded

The creeping tendrils
Of my passion
Twine their green fingers
Around my mind
Choking all sense
                           
Fantasies bloom
in the fertile soil
Of my imagination      
Where happy endings
blossom
Between you and me

A wave of longing
Ripples through my body
That sways
like a verdant field of flowers
In the summer breeze

In your arms
I want to soar
Like the towering trees                      
And lie replete
in the soothing
Shadow you cast on me

But the burning sun
Of reality
Scorches my dreams
I writhe in their
Parched remains
As my love leeches
Into the cracked earth
That withers like my hopes


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment