Wednesday 7 August 2013

Regrets

I have loved, and I have cried
I have wept, and I have sighed
I've wondered about life passing me by

All the things I haven't begun
All the things I've left undone
I've wondered 
how it would've been 
had I tried
to put a meal in the mouths of the hungry
and clothes on the back of the cold
Do my bit for infants abandoned
and spared some moments for the old

Then would I have had the time
to mourn about what I couldn't get?
Would I have cried and sighed
and moaned and wept
about how life had passed me by?

I would have used the time
for things that really mattered
And I wouldn't have frittered 
a lifetime away
I would have looked back 
with a heart content
At least I could have said I tried


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment