Monday 5 August 2013

Forever

There was a time
When time stood still
It was when you
Looked into my eyes
And said you loved me so
How was I to know
It wouldn’t last
Now it’s all in the past

There was a day 
When all my dreams came true
It was when you held my hand
And said, Will you marry me?
My heart danced with glee
How was I to know
The flowers which bloomed that day
Were destined to wither away

There were those years
when we made the most of each day
Lived it to the fullest
As if there was no tomorrow
How was I to know
That we used up all our todays
And now we can only look back on yesterday

And now’s the time
When I look at you
And wonder where 
Is all that joy and fun
Where all those years have gone
How was I to know
However wise we may be, or clever
In the end, nothing lasts forever


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment