Friday 30 August 2013

All I want

Don't want to look at the dishes in the sink
Don't want to cook that chicken all raw and pink
Don't want to mop or vacuum the floor
Don't want to do the laundry or any more chores

Don't want to go to work every single day
Don't want to be stuck at my desk just for the pay
Don't want to battle the crowds to get on the train
Don't want this drudgery that addles the brain

Don't want to tussle with a surly teen
Don't want to put up with her being mean
Don't want to always prop up my better half
Don't want a morose partner who cannot laugh

Don't want to listen to others' tales of woe
Don't want them to tell me what I'd rather not know
Don't want to see the bills always pouring in
Don't want to deal with life, is that such a sin

What I want is solitude, to do what I love best
I'll be happy enough to roost in an empty nest
Just leave me alone with words to warm my soul
All I want to do is write, it's what makes me whole


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment