Tuesday 22 October 2013

Starting Anew

Even as you begin to speak 
I cut you short 
for I know what you will say
A waterfall of excuses will gush out
You will spout a stream of hollow platitudes 
Even as you begin to protest
I tell you to leave
It's time to uproot you from my life
Clear the weeds that choke my happiness
Plant the seeds of a new relationship 
Fertilise it with trust 
Water it with love
And revel as it blooms 
Like it never did with you

* Written to meet this brief: Your assignment, should you choose to accept it to begin a poem with the phrase "Even as you begin..." and see where that will take you and your poem. With so many options available in those four words, I look forward to reading what many of you will come up with. Remember, your poem has to actually start with that phrase, not have it simply as the title. 


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment