Tuesday 22 October 2013

A Taste Of Royalty

On buses, trains, even on the roads
Everywhere I go I see heads bowed

I begin to feel like a queen
I think I'll enjoy my reign

I feel like I should have a throne
And an ornate embroidered gown

I hope somebody will look at me
I really want to solve this mystery

But everyone just keeps looking down
My smile is soon replaced by a frown

Something doesn't feel quite right
Why are they scared, I don't bite

Why am I getting so much respect
This must be a fantasy, I suspect

I pinch myself hard and it hurts
I stumble and fall flat in the dirt

When I look up all is clear
It's not me that they love or fear

Their gazes are on their varied gadgets
Busy with phones, iPads and tablets

My so-called reign was just a dream
Now I'm a cat without the cream

My crown and I were quickly parted
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment