Wednesday 9 October 2013

Figures Aren't Fun

My numbers never add up
To the same number twice
They say figures tell the truth
I figure it's all a pack of lies  

Oh I can multiply and subtract
But I can't do calculus and algebra
Any more and my woes multiply
I'd rather calculate stripes on a zebra

I'll count the spots on a leopard
And the spots on a cheetah too
But don't make me do geometry
Or anything tougher than two plus two 
                                                     
Decimals, fractions or percentages
I don't know what I hate most
But I think its fun to estimate             
How many legs a centipede's lost   

Even a calculator doesn't help
Big figures just confuse me more
It's obvious I have no head for sums 
When its time for math, I look for the door


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment