Wednesday 9 October 2013

Imperfect World

I see the world
as I want it to be
perfect in every way
Love, not hate
Peace, not war
Joy, not sorrow
Health, not disease
Unity, not discord
A green earth
flourishing, flowering
People living in harmony
Unfettered by borders
But the vision dissolves
to reveal an imperfect reality
Is what I see not meant to be?
It is not clear to me
when I look
through a glass darkly

*Written to meet this brief: This week's assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to write a poem that must begin with the exact phrase "I see" and the poem must end with the exact phrase "through a glass darkly."
What comes in the middle is up to you but MUST start and end with the above phrases as part of the poem not the title.


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment