Wednesday 25 September 2013

A Little Bit About Me

A little bit mad, a little bit sad
Sometimes I wish I was a little bit bad

I’m just a regular sort of gal
The kind who makes a great pal

What you see is what you get
You’d agree if we ever met

No hidden depths to explore
But I hope you'll want to know more

Simple pleasures appeal to me
Oven-fresh bread and a cup of tea

While I do love my family
It’s with my friends I’d rather be

I'm not the best or the brightest, that's true
But I'll always be there for you

Most of the time I’m bright and sunny
Friends say I can even be funny

But I do have a melancholy streak
Then it’s my own company I seek

Spent my life doing the usual things
Dealt with all the ups and downs it brings

First a daughter, then wife and mother
I’ve always been one or the other

I now want to break the chains and fly
Do something worthwhile before I die

© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment