Friday 13 December 2013

To My Friend

We've shared
fun times
you and I
Giggled
over boys
Cried 
over them
Celebrated
the present
Anticipated
the future

We grew up
but never
grew apart
Even now
though we live
thousands 
of miles apart
you sense
my despair
My silence
speaks to you
An unerring instinct
tells you
I need
a shoulder
to cry on 
You reach out
and pull me
out of the shell
I retreated into
to nurse my grief
At your urging
I pour out my woes
You bear
the burden lightly
To you
my troubles
are not trivial
My dilemma
is not delusion
I tell you things
I hide
even from myself 
You are the mirror
in which I see
hidden facets
of myself

I remember
all the good times
we shared
all the bad times
we helped 
each other
through
To have you
in my life
is a privilege
so rare
I thank
the heavens
for creating
the day
I met you
my friend

© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment