Monday 16 December 2013

Haikus

To live a lifetime
In these moments snatched from time.
It's all I ask for

******

So fine a line drawn
between friendship and love. I 
don't dare to cross it. 

******

I try not to think
of you. My foolish heart has
a mind of its own

*****

The harsh winter of 
loneliness chills my bones. I 
long for love's fiery heat

*****

Even an ocean could not
keep me from you, but you are
safe. I cannot swim

*****

A few moments with 
you is all I ask for. In
them a life is lived

*****

Lend me your shoulder 
to drench with my tears. The rain 
wants some company

*****

Your silence says more
to me than your words ever will.
So keep your lips sealed

*****

Your touch sears me like
the summer sun. If this is
passion, let me burn


*****


Warm hues of your love
colour the cold tears I shed 
when you break my heart

*****


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment