Monday 29 July 2013

Why I love Facebook


A visit in the morning
A quick peek at lunch
There will be something new, I know
It’s just a sort of hunch.

Sometimes it’s just a little joke
Sometimes it’s a profound thought
Whatever it is that I get to read
It really matters a lot

To know that out in the wide world
There are friends who care about you
Who laugh with you when you’re happy
And lend a shoulder when you’re feeling blue

It makes my day when I check once again
Before the day is done
When someone says something
That makes life a whole lot of fun

It’s become a lifeline of sorts
A haven in times of need
To talk about what’s bothering me
I know there are people who’ll read

They look at my tales of trouble or woe
And offer a few wise words or advice
Or even just say something funny
And bring a twinkle to my eyes.

But when there’s nothing new 
That’s when I feel very sad
I hope it's here to stay
Not just a passing fad


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment