Tuesday 23 July 2013

Friends

I met many people on the road of life
Not all walked along with me
Some stayed for just a few miles
Others soon parted company

Some were like ships
That cross each other at night
And then sail away
with a glimpse of twinkling lights

Life is lonely even in a crowd
We all need a friend
who understands our dreams and fears
and is there to lend a helping hand

Such special people are hard to find
and even more difficult to keep
Those who will share a laugh with us
And wipe your tears when we weep

Many friends I have gained
and lost along the way
I wish now I had done my bit
To stop them from going away

There still are a precious few
who've always been there for me
I hold them close to my heart
Meeting them was my destiny


© 2013 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment