Tuesday 12 August 2014

Museum of Memories

The days we existed
in the same orbit 
many moons ago 
when our spaces collided 
No trace is left of them 

The sun 
that shone on us 
has set
The moon 
in whose gentle glow 
we sparkled 
is eclipsed
The time we shared 
obliterated 
by the years 
that have since 
piled up 
Who is to say 
it was ever real

But it was. Look,
I tucked every second 
under my skin 
buried all the shared moments 
in my heart 
nurtured the shadows 
of wonderous days 
in the fertile soil 
of my soul   

I bring them out 
when I am alone 
gaze lovingly at each one 
dust them off with my breath 
polish them with my love
They live and thrive 
to this day 
A treasured collection 
of memories 
in the museum 
that is me

© 2014 Uma Venkatraman ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment